Based in the Boston area our client is a successful digital agency specializing in research and strategy, website design, website development and content strategy. They work with clients across industries including education, travel, and healthcare. Their team is a group of multi-disciplinarians that believe in personal and professional development. They take their work seriously and are obsessed with creating beautiful, engaging, and functional digital experiences for clients.
Web Solutions Architect
Our client is seeking a Solutions Architect to join their team. You'll be a key member of our business development team and help propose solutions for challenging enterprise-level projects.
Day-to-day, you’ll work in a pre-sales capacity to estimate development projects, validate technical architectures, and support strategic sales initiatives. As liaison to their technical team, you’ll help shape the solutions they pitch to their clients and ensure successful hand-off to our developers.
Know how to talk in both Powerpoint and PHP? Good. Technical and communication skills must be top-notch.
Love open source technologies? Fantastic. Our client’s tools of choice for most projects are Drupal and WordPress. A strong background in Drupal, WordPress, and/or related CMS development for large sites is a good start. Other things about you:
- You are equally comfortable discussing strategy, design, process, technology, and business but still consider web development and technology as your natural habitat.
- You have a strong understanding of web development, multi-site architectures, integrations with 3rd party systems, and other components of large-scale web projects.
- In addition to your front-end and back-end dev experience, you have a penchant for spookily-accurate project/complexity estimation.
- Comfortable speaking in front of crowds? Great. Our client will be happy to have you represent them at conferences and industry events.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Able to translate customer requirements to a detailed Scope of Work
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations
- Provide recommendations, support, and assist with client project implementations
- Act as technical liaison to technical channel partners
- Responsible for representing OHO at events, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Strong background in web technology with experience contributing to large-scale website development projects
- Adept at presenting to clients, internal stakeholders, and the public
- 5+ years relevant experience in web development or digital agency technical pre-sales. Consulting experience preferred.
- 3+ years commercial experience working with Drupal and/or Wordpress, ideally an active member
- Broad understanding of web technologies and tools
- Experience/interest in speaking at events a plus
- A B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
A bit about our client’s perks:
- They are literally located directly atop the red line, with convenient bike parking in the basement and walkability to a ton of awesome lunch spots
- Fun, dynamic atmosphere with a penchant for work-life balance
- Free company lunch every Friday, with a bonus presentation on what they’re working on and what they’re winning
- Beer Fridays! (Although, sparingly, a Beer Tuesday has been known to occur).
- They’re not just eager to foot the bill for your professional development, but to help experienced staff members present your work, teach, and become a voice for the industry at conferences, lunch and learns, webinars, etc.