Our client is a leading Branding agency within the Philadelphia region building smart, compelling, multifaceted brand strategies and then bring them to life across a variety of create and invigorate brands, connecting them to their customers and prospects, driving sales, starting conversations and creating exceptional experiences. Their clients include leading technology, life science, and financial brands — both B2B and B2C.
Director of New Business Development
The Director of New Business Development will drive significant revenue growth for the agency. Responsibilities include all activities related to the strategy, management, and coordination of attracting new clients and building a new business pipeline. Will work to identify, analyze, and open doors with potential clients in areas of strategic interest.
The position will identify opportunities, determining their financial and operational qualifications, while uncovering prospect business needs and identifying how the agency can help prospects achieve their business goals. Will establish new relationships with key prospect contacts and work with the senior leadership team on the pitch and close of new client relationships.
- Stays current on industry trends and personnel moves among prospect organizations.
- Develop an active pipeline of prospect contacts at target organizations
- Coordinates development of client proposals and RFP responses, pitches and presentations
- Builds and maintains relationships with key prospects and senior personnel in client organizations
- Clearly identifies and communicates prospect objectives, requirements, budgets to team members
- Adjusts new business strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Actively manages sales pipeline and agency CRM database
- Provide pipeline reporting on a weekly basis
- Sets up and attends initial introductory calls and capabilities presentation with senior agency team members
- Supports and provides input on the development and implementation of all marketing materials necessary to support business development, creating key messaging that resonates with target audiences
- Helps to define and maintain corporate image in the business community
- Presents and promotes the agency at industry functions
- 3-5 years business development experience in advertising industry or related field
- Effective communication both verbally and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confidence, and energy to quickly gain client respect
- Effective and compelling public speaking and presentation skills
- Success working with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Proven ability to build trust and develop strong relationships
- Demonstrated ability and interest in developing new business
- Stable work history
- Must have a lot of gumption, moxie and overall go-gettem’ness.
Our client considers their employees to be their greatest asset. They offer an open environment where creativity is nurtured, individual strengths are recognized and teamwork is rewarded.