Our client services correctional facilities, jails, prisons and detention centers of every size and scale.
Part Time Orthopedic Physician for Corrections
Responsible for diagnosing and treating inmate/patients’ conditions related to the bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves and skins
- Reports to the assigned facility at the designated time to examine referred patients
- Examines or supervises the examination and diagnostic testing of patients
- Makes diagnoses and recommends surgery or other treatments
- Performs non-invasive procedures
- Creates postoperative care plans and recommends lifestyle involving diet, exercises and other matters
- Consults with medical providers in the community to resolve issues in the delivering services to inmates
- Assumes the role of primary care physician with the coordination of on and off site care needs
- Supervises the clinical services clinical services provided my the professional and paraprofessional staff
- When appropriate, utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations
- Maintains proper certification for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her individual judgment and actions
- Utilizes standard precautions when providing any invasive procedures for diagnostic or routine studies or handling specimens
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects the patient’s right to privacy, in accordance with accepted confidentiality practices for incarcerated individuals
- Abides by the security regulations of the facility
- Notifies the Administrator of changes in scheduled coverage and assists in arrangement for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
- Annually reviews and approves clinical protocols, clinical policies, procedures and medical disaster plan
- Assists with the development of medical audit criteria
- Serves as discussion leader for selected –service training classes
- Represents the health care program in discussion with local civic groups or visiting officials
- Monitors referrals to outside health care facilities for appropriateness, quality and continuity of care
- Monitors non-formulary medication utilization at the assigned facility
- Is available for the resolution of administrative/medical issues.
- Assists in the screening, interviewing and evaluating the credentials of health care providers
- Ensures that all physician documentation is dates, timed, legible, problem oriented and signed.