Based in the Boston area our client is a successful digital agency specializing in research and strategy, website design, website development and content strategy. They work with clients across industries including education, travel, and healthcare. Their team is a group of multi-disciplinarians that believe in personal and professional development. They take their work seriously and are obsessed with creating beautiful, engaging, and functional digital experiences for clients.
Digital Account Manager
Our client is seeking a Digital Account Manager to be a primary client contact supporting their growing client base. The Digital Account Manager role is a hybrid role of both account and project management. They will work with a diverse team of strategists, designers, developers, digital marketing specialists (SEO, SEM, etc.) and QA Analysts.
Interact with clients
- Manage and build strong relationships with a base of clients providing various levels of service for digital web properties.
- Serve as main client contact and provide regular status updates via phone calls, emails, and occasional in-person meetings.
- Respond to client emails daily regarding site bugs, enhancement requests, development tasks, design requests, etc. Take initiative in attempting to reproduce bugs in Drupal, ask follow-up questions, and communicate and schedule work with the appropriate resources.
- Work with the client’s website administrators to answer questions and provide guidance or instruction when needed on how to modify page content, menus, blocks, taxonomy or any other content related modifications in Drupal.
Interact with internal teams
- Work closely with strategists, designers, developers, QA analysts and other team members to ensure that client deliverables and project deadlines are met.
- Lead internal project meetings and understand and communicate client business needs to the internal project team.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to internal team members while communicating effectively to set and manage expectations.
- Quarterly account planning meetings or calls with clients.
- Maintain and expand the agency-client relationship, and notify the sales team when there are additional business opportunities.
- Have strategic conversations with clients about their business needs and digital marketing goals.
- Budget tracking and reconciliation reporting.
Assist with invoicing.
Work with clients to collect project requirements and to write and negotiate project scopes and budgets.
- Responsible for the successful initiation, planning, monitoring, and closure of assigned digital service projects.
- Development and management of digital/interactive project plans, timelines, budgets, and resources.
- Identifying and mitigating potential project risks.
- Maintain backlog of client requests and deployment schedules.
- Monitor project progress and manage staff work to ensure on-time, on budget project delivery.
- Complete quality assurance (QA) of deliverables.
- 3+ years of experience in a client facing role as an account manager or project manager
- Bachelor's Degree required. A degree in business, marketing, communications or other related field is preferred.
- A hands-on background in web development processes and content management systems.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making ability.
- Digital marketing experience.
- Exemplary communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills including the ability to present in front of a group.
- Superior time management and organizational skills with experience working on multiple tasks with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure and flexibility to adapt to demands as needed.
- Motivated with the ability to self-manage and interest to expand knowledge.
You'll really stand out if you have experience with:
Web Analytics & Reporting
A bit about our client’s perks:
- They are literally located directly atop the red line, with convenient bike parking in the basement and walkability to a ton of awesome lunch spots
- Fun, dynamic atmosphere with a penchant for work-life balance
- Free company lunch every Friday, with a bonus presentation on what they’re working on and what they’re winning
- Beer Fridays! (Although, sparingly, a Beer Tuesday has been known to occur).
- They’re not just eager to foot the bill for your professional development, but to help experienced staff members present your work, teach, and become a voice for the industry at conferences, lunch and learns, webinars, etc.