Based in the Boston area our client is a successful digital agency specializing in research and strategy, website design, website development and content strategy. They work with clients across industries including education, travel, and healthcare. Their team is a group of multi-disciplinarians that believe in personal and professional development. They take their work seriously and are obsessed with creating beautiful, engaging, and functional digital experiences for clients.
Contract Digital Project Manager
Our client is seeking a client facing digital PM to strategize, plan, lead, and manage large website projects. The digital PM is responsible for the execution of web projects from concept to launch. Digital PMs handle fast-paced, high-impact projects and a successful candidate must be able to operate in such an environment.
This is a contract position with an anticipated duration of 6-8 months.
- Direct and manage website development from concept to launch
- Develop and execute project plans and associated communication documents
- Serve as main client contact, lead regular client status meetings
- Understand and communicate client business needs to the internal team
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the engagement
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally to set and manage expectations
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to team members
- Enforce project schedules ensuring deadlines and launch dates are met
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Effectively prioritize project deliverables & assignments
- Track, prioritize, manage and report issues related to a given project
- Budget tracking and reconciliation reporting
- Proven success in the strategy, planning, and implementation of client facing projects
- 4+ years of project management or digital producer experience in an agency setting
- A hands-on background in web development processes and platforms – experience managing Drupal projects is a plus
- Strong problem solving and decision-making ability
- Exemplary communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Highly honed team management skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
A bit about our client’s perks:
- They are literally located directly atop the red line, with convenient bike parking in the basement and walkability to a ton of awesome lunch spots
- Fun, dynamic atmosphere with a penchant for work-life balance
- Free company lunch every Friday, with a bonus presentation on what they’re working on and what they’re winning
- Beer Fridays! (Although, sparingly, a Beer Tuesday has been known to occur).
- They’re not just eager to foot the bill for your professional development, but to help experienced staff members present your work, teach, and become a voice for the industry at conferences, lunch and learns, webinars, etc.