Our client services correctional facilities, jails, prisons and detention centers of every size and scale.
Responsible for the planning and delivery of social rehabilitative programs in the community post discharge. Coordinates and participates and with the treatment team and facility social services department in the development of a comprehensive discharge plan of care and treatment. Participates and coordinates discharge and release planning.
Program involves activities such as:
- Practice in functional, prevocational, vocational, cell sanitation, self care skills and activities of daily living.
- Participation in sensor-motor, educational, recreational and social activities designed to help inmates or handicapped inmates develop and regain physical or mental functioning or to adjust to handicaps
- Coordinates the development and implementation of treatment plans for assigned inmates as consistent with current policies and procedures
- Counsels inmates by interviewing them to ascertain their needs and/or qualifications
- Selects constructive activities suited to the individual’s physical capacity, intelligence level and interest to upgrade the individual to maximum independence
- Counsels on a personal level and advises the individual inmates to assist them in preparing for their release, diagnosing and resolving their personal problems
- Appropriately provides documentation in the Medical Records any changes in the inmates’ functioning, the occurrence of critical incidents, group counseling & individual counseling
- Consults with Department of Health, Grant Program Directors, physician’s office, halfway houses and other agencies to coordinate discharge planning efforts
- Coordinates and develops discharge plans with patients involved in Jail Re-entry Program.
- Abides by security regulations and confidentiality requirements of the facility
- Participates in on-going assessments and discharge planning
- Participates in and contributes to the planning of training activities
- Maintains regular contact with the supervisor
- Assumes personal responsibility for ongoing professional growth and development
- Documents all services provided in the Medical Record
- Assists with bi-weekly tele-psychiatry as requested by the supervisor
- Performs other duties as requested by the psychiatrist in a manner consistent with one’s profession, the goals and objectives of the program and with polices of CFG Health Systems and the Department of Corrections
- Complies with the employment standards of CFG Health Systems and the applicable standards of the facility
- Complies with the time and attendance policies of CFG Health Systems and the Department of Corrections. This includes he use of the Swipe System and timely submission of time sheets
- Adheres to his/her work schedule as coordinated by Health Services Administrator and as agreed by the Warden.
- All other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field and must have at least 2 years of mental health/residential experience. Must conform to the security clearance standards of the institution where employed