Our client services correctional facilities, jails, prisons and detention centers of every size and scale.
Health Services Administrator Correctional Healthcare
This role serves as the chief on-site administrative manager responsible for the delivery of contract services, and supervision of personnel & liaison services within the institution.
- Direct and supervise the day-to-day activities of the health service unit assigned staff.
- Coordinate the healthcare delivery system with other institutional functions.
- Develop healthcare policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support to the medical director.
- Meet with the institutional authority or his/her designee on a regular basis to optimize healthcare services within the institution.
- Provide administrative support for activities of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Annual In-service Training Program and Quality Improvement program with the assistance of the Director of Nursing as needed.
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection of candidates with the Human Resources Department.
- Ensure that a proper orientation is provided to all new employees.
- Develop and maintain a personnel staffing schedule to meet contract requirements.
- Approve all employee and independent contractor time records and ensure that payroll/reimbursement information is forwarded to central office within the established time frames.
- With assistance from Human Resources, enforce progressive discipline policy, including termination of employees.
- Coordinate with hospital administrators the delivery of services at outside the institution. When appropriate, negotiate third party contracts for the institution.
- Prepare and submit monthly statistical data and other required reports to the Institutional Authority.
- Coordinate the Annual Health Services Planning Process.
- Manage the financial performance of the contract site, by evaluating and approving all expenditures before payment and ensuring the cost-effective controls are established & operating without sacrificing the quality of healthcare.
- Develop and maintain the contract services budget.
Report monthly to the CEO regarding:
- Budget variances.
- Progress of the Operational Plan.
- Communications with client representatives.
- Pertinent changes affecting the contract.
- Activities of all health services department.
- Operational reports .
- Attend all required staff meetings at the central office.
- Makes recommendations for the improvement of services to the CEO.
- RN, PA or Nurse Practitioner with corrections management experience.
- Must attend and participate in continuing education consistent with the requirements of the State Board of Nursing.
- Must update and maintain skills and knowledge related to correctional health