Over the past 50 years, our client has become the region’s leading addiction treatment center, and has earned a reputation as a respected, compassionate, and ethical alcohol and drug rehab facility in the mid-Atlantic region. Their 119-bed, 44-acre campus in Bucks County houses the region’s newest, state-of-the-art addiction detox center. They have continued to grow, implementing a network of Pennsylvania drug and alcohol treatment centers in Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware, Lehigh, and Philadelphia Counties. Specialty programs have been created to respond to emerging needs, such as the healthcare professionals track that assists nurses, pharmacists, and physicians.Their medical staff consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses trained and experienced in addictions treatment.
Our client is seeking a Medical Director/Psychiatrist to become a part of their team. The Medical Director/Psychiatrist will be responsible for providing clinical direction and leadership for all medical services; as a member of executive management, strive to maintain the highest quality patient care within a multidisciplinary, service-oriented treatment.
- Monitors, evaluates and reviews clinical supervision procedures for all licensed medical staff.
- Ensures that all medical policies and procedures are updated and revised as necessary and that staff function according to approved policies and procedures.
- In concert with the President and CEO and the Vice President of Clinical Services, designs and develops cost effective programs or activities to optimally benefit the substance abuse and dual diagnosis patient.
- Strives to address and meet the needs of all Foundation constituents including employees, patients, alumni, referral sources and insurers.
- Responsible for the overall provision and maintenance of quality medical care for all patients.
- Provides education and training to staff, patients and others about chemical dependency, including new developments, techniques, scientific findings, etc., through staff in service, patient lectures and community/professional training.
- Provides consultation to medical, clinical and administrative staff regarding the appropriateness of admission or continues stay or the need for referral or discharge of certain patient/participants in programs.
- Provides medical evaluation and treatment services to patient as required.
- Makes referral to appropriate outside clinicians and/or facilities for medical treatment as required.
- Maintains collaborative agreements with all nurse practitioners as necessary and required by law.
- Five years’ experience in chemical dependency treatment
- Three years’ experience in a managerial role
- Medical degree and license to practice in Pennsylvania
- Certification in Addiction Medicine by the American Society of Addition Medicine (ASAM) preferred
- Current DEA registration
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills